Installing Fuel/Water Separator

I don't have to pre mix gas and oil...my XR6 has a oil injector...

This is a pretty basic and simple operation...it took me only about 15 minutes tops to put it all together.
Just make sure you have everything you need B4 you get started...filter, hose clamps, brass elbows to connect the hoses, pipe dope for the brass elbows, and easy.

Make sure the filter that comes with the Water/Separator kit is a 10 micron..if not buy one...save the other one ...most likely 28 micron..mine was) save it for a what if day and need to do an emergency replacement...will work until you get another 10 micron..

The 10 micron will help with the Ethanol gas situation....

I put mine in the back right compartment...that is where the gas line and others went thry to get to the motor. The gas line was right there...made a quick measurement where to mount..2 quick self taping screws and it was mounted....brass fittings were already installed prior...then hook up the hose lines and thru.....oh yea..fill the bowl with gas so it won;t take a long time to fill with the primer bulb...:)

<*)))))>{

Hi Steve762us,

Are you still using the atwood filter/seperator? Saw that easily available on Amazon for less then 30 without having to make a long trip to westmarine. Looks to be a 10 micron filter. Would you recommend the filter? Does it have a way to drain water?

Thanks,
Bob

Back