Fuel Water Seperator

Davey

Participating Member
City
Venice
I am about to install a fuel/water seperator, i wolud like to know if the fuel primer bulb should be on the inlet side or out put side of the filter.
Thnaks in advance for any suggestions
Dvaey

Hmmm... I just put one in and the bulb infront was having a miserable time priming the filter/separator so I added one behind to make it easier. It worked great but does anyone think this would cause any problems ?

BTW, I used the Moeller Clear-Site 10 micro kit.

Thanks,
Kevin

In front will not work, they do need to be behind the filter (or between the filter and the motor). It has to do with the fact the bulb is designed to "suck" then push with little resistance. The filter is too much resistance for the bulb to push against. But is has plenty of suction to pull the fuel through it.

Thanks for the reply and maybe I was not clear in my question. My setup currently has two bulbs one behind the filter and one in front. The one behind was simply to prime the filter. I can prime the engine by the one in front. Just wondering if the two bulb setup would cause problems.

Thanks for all the input i will be installing filter this weekend. One more question, What is the best method to fasten it to side wall i wil be installing it on the left side rear seat compartment on tramson wall.
Davey

fasten with large (diameter) screws, making sure you use elastmeric. While water penetration should be an issue here, the elastmeric will help lock the screws in position so they will not back out.

Back