Hello all!!! 2004 Triumph 190 Bay boat owner still! Thanks to Carl,Debbie,John and Chad

Boominjorge

Registered Member
State
FL
Hi everybody.My name is George.I have owned my Bay boat since 2010.I joined this forum when I first got the boat but only stayed a year.Since that time I have had quite a ride,meaning the boat and I.When I bought the 190 I had no clue as to the difference between fiberglass and roplene or port and starboard.I have replaced nearly everything that can be screwed down including trailer.I lived in Melbourne Fl.After I bought it I moved to Little Torch key for a year then on to Key Largo.Hurricane Irma came,I evacuated and ended up passing through Hillsborough N.C. where Carl and Debbie Merritt stowed my boat in the warehouse until I returned to Key Largo. I will never forget.THEY ARE THE DEFINITION OF GOOD PEOPLE. I had no home left after Irma.So we decided to move to Swansboro N.C.If you are from N.C. you know that Florence came.I ran again to the Piedmont area for 2 weeks with the boat.So figuring I was 2 for 2 I moved back to FL.Right in front of the cape.Rockets fly in my back yard.So now I wait and watch.Will it be 3 for 3??I hope not.I have had my bow welded twice by John now.New trailer,new Yamaha,new gauges,cushions,canvas etc.I have had the boat up and down 95 no less than 10 times.I guess what I want to say is,without Merritt marine and their support,there would not be George's 190.I have not spoken to Carl or anybody since Sept.2018.I hope to change that soon.Hurricanes permitting.I look forward to communicating with other Triumph owners.Our circle grows smaller all the time.I joined because I wanted to shout out about Merritt Marine and to brag about our plastic boats!

The Merritt family are great folks for sure. Wow George, you've had quite a time with your 190 Bay! Glad you've joined us again. :cool:

Welcome George!

Thank you all for the welcome! Last year I needed the schematic for my trailer. I was looking around and Randy contacted me and tried to get me to join again.I went back and forth about it. N.C. Angler did hook me up with it and no kidding,I have thought about that small gesture for a year now. I said to myself,"self,You need to join back up again when you move. And I'll tell you why I did it. Because,small acts of kindness seem to be sorely lacking these days I've have found in my travels,I would rather be amongst friends { with Triumphs LoL} because you can never tell when the wind might throw you off course, I would rather have a bridge to cross than one I might have burnt down. May the wind be at your backs and not square in the face. And that"s enough of that! Lets talk Triumphs!!!! P.S. I have SpaceX rockets going off in my back yard. And you ought to see them go off on the river. Like a punch in the chest!!! Not all bad I guess.

Attachments

• DSCF1746.JPG
    DSCF1746.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
  • DSCF1745.JPG
    DSCF1745.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
  • DSCF1669.JPG
    DSCF1669.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 10
  • DSCF1672.JPG
    DSCF1672.JPG