Helo from CT

Dennis

Participating Member
City
Hamden
Helo I'm a new member from Hamden, Connecticut. I have a 2008 195cc powered by an Evinrude 115 Etec. I'll be boating in the sound and in fresh water lakes in CT & MA.

Deja' Vu. Hmmm, welcome aboard Dennis. :p

Hi Dennis,
We're thinking of trading up to a 195 dc with the 115 Etec. Have you used your boat yet? Is the engine sufficient? My dealer assures us that it is, but other members don't think so. I'm a little worried.

Kenny D

We took it out Sunday on candlewood lake. It's a 5000 acre lake so I could really open it up. WOT at 5600rpm we did 37mph. It has a 15 - 15 aluminum prop. We had 4 adults about 900lbs & no gear. Boat handled well. I had a 190 bay cc with the same motor and SS prop and was able to reach 44 mph so I'm going to have the motor checked out as it's still under warranty. Their is only a 200 pound difference between the boats. I'm also looking at ading smart tabs as from what everybody says it helps with both planeing and handleing. The advantages over the 190 is the seats, at my age and with a bad back I need the support.
If your looking for speed go with the 150hp. I think the Evinrude is the best engine out there. Lighter, faster more fuel efficient and quieter than anything I have ever had. At WOT I can still carry on a conversation and hear without anyone having to shout. I have a 150hp Ymaha on a lake boat and at anything above 4000 rpm I'm Deaf. It all comes down to speed I'm happy at anything 35mph and up.

Hi Dennis,
I was brought up in Newtown, and we vacationed on Candlewood Lake. I remember how you could see to the bottom in many places, even seeing tree stumps from when they first created the lake.
We've talked to our dealer, but the 150 is $4000 more than the 115. So we will probably have to go with the smaller one. As others have suggested, we'll probably get a ss prop instead of the aluminium to give us a little more power. I don't see much benefit for going to the 130 that has the same displacement. Our problem will be handling in the waves and swells that can sneak up uon you, even though we don't venture far out into the ocean.
As you said, trim tabs could always be added if necessary.
Thanks for your input.

I had the 190 bay cc @ The Evinrude 115 hp out in the sound all summer and I felt it was a great combination. We would be 10 to 15 miles out in 3 to 4 foot chop and it had plenty of power. Sine the boat rides so high she actually rode better the faster we went. Anyting aboe the 44mph we could do would have been to fast for me. At time my fellow boat mates would have preferred I slow down.

Back