Hey everyone

C

c6rvette

Hey everyone,

My name is Brandon Le. I've been looking at boats for my purchase 1-2 years from now. I've narrowed it down to the Triumph 235CC and the Contender 21 Open. I'm really leaning towards the Triumph 235CC, so here I am trying to learn more about the plus and minus of the boat so I can make an informed decision. Anyways, I'm from San Diego, CA. I'm a Network Field Engineer for a leading Credit Union data processing company called Symitar Systems. I love fishing and have been fishing for about 17 years now. I scuba dive, breath-hold freedive, and spearfish. I also love driving and riding my motorcycle. Sorry, maybe a little overboard with the intro, but I figured someone has the same interests.

Looks like you like your boats simple and fishy! That Contender's a nice, clean, uncluttered layout, and it sits on a deep vee. The Triumph is also simple and fishy, on a similar aft deadrise.

Question is - what are you looking for specifically in a boat? The Contender will turn plenty of heads at the dock, especially if you keep it minimally waxed. The Triumph will never shine like glass, but you'll aslso be able to park it wet and never worry about gelcoat upkeep.

My fishing buddy would take the Contender, I'd take the Triumph all over again. Can't loose with either one.

Guess the big question is: Will Triumph survive bankruptcy? That will determine which boat to go with.

I love my Triumph because you can drop a SCUBA tank and not damage the boat; not so with fiberglass.

The fact that you have narrowed it to these two, tells me something you have...........credibiltiy. We all make tough choices, I wish you luck with yours. I wouldn't fret though, either way, it's all good. ;)

Back