Honda 130 outboard

Ewags1

Registered Member
City
Ellsworth
Hi All,
I have been looking to buy a newer used outboard to replace my 2 stroke 150 Evinrude. It is not the most fuel efficient outboard. I have a chance to buy a 2005 Honda 130 with 150hrs on it for 4k, is this a good deal? I have had no experience with Honda outboards so any input from the Honda owners either good or bad would be greatly appreciated. Are they as good as they claim? Thanks for the help. E.Wags

Ewags, I ran a 1999 honda 130 on the back of my 210 for almost 7 years. It was a good motor never giving me any grief until I let it down by NOT replacing the impeller. (note the other thread on maint.) In any case, you would be well served to have the engine checked professionally and as long as the compression is good and it is currently running well, I would say it is a good deal.

Well I bought the motor today.:D Turns out it is a 2003 not 2005 but it does have under 150hrs on it. I got fortunate the local dealer I use was selling it on consignment, so I also got the wiring harness, gauges, and controls to go with it. It is good timing gas is now $3.20 for regular. PileDriver do you remember what you ran for a prop on the 130? I was think of a 17P.
Thanks E.Wags

Ewags, yes I did run the 17p aluminum 3 blade. It was what came stock and I never played with changing it.

Good luck on the new motor!
PileDriver

Back