What Honda did for me!

Ewags1

Registered Member
City
Ellsworth
Some companies still do thing that amaze me. I had to tell this story. Last year I got tired of paying for fuel to feed my 2stroke Evinrude 150HO. So I started looking for a alternative and settled on a used Honda BF130 that my local Honda/Evinrude dealer was selling on consignment. Per the dealer it was a 2003 with under 150hrs on it for $4k and the motor looked new. When I went to pay for and pick it up they said there had been a mistake and it was actually an 00 but the hrs were correct, we dickered a little and I got the motor for $2500. Good deal. :) I took it home and put it on my 190DC and took it another much larger Honda dealer that my brother used to have it setup. When I got it back 2 weeks later I found out that it is a 1999 with 434hr on it.:eek: Still not to bad (If it is to good to be true it probably isn't). The consolation to this is the motor fell under the Honda power head recall and no updates were ever done to it. I just recently got the boat/motor back from the same dealer with a complete new power head, fuel system, and computer updates all courtesy of Honda. Now they didn't have to do that for the second owner of a 8 year old OB with 500hrs on it but they did.:D Now I just have to break in a new power head this spring.

WOW! Makes me glad I just bought my Triumph with a new Honda 135.
Roger

Back