Honda Digital Speedo and Tach

PileDriver

Participating Member
City
Galveston
Just a call out for the Honda owners, I am curious if anyone is using the digital Speedometer and Tach. I am thinking of upgrading to them since they give you so much more detail about the engine, including fuel consumption, engine checks, trim indicator, etc. Since, they cost about a 1,000 for the combination, I wanted to know how well anyone likes them before I fork out the bucks.

Thanks
Piledriver

With the exception the Oil Pressue light (works kind of backwards by always being on) I love it and got mine when the BF150 was installed. Also enjoy the fact that I get fuel mangement in 2 gauges that (at the time) took Yamaha 3 units and an extra $600.00 to install which would not work becasue I was (even worse now) out of insturment cluster space.

Thanks for the information, looks like by the end of this month I will have 200 hours on the new motor so when I take it in for service, i will have the new gauges installed.

Well ok I, couldnt wait so started snooping around for a deal on both the speedo and tach. For anyone interested I found these on ebay and it states they have more

250034694630( HONDA DIGITAL TACHOMETER )1$200.00 USD$200.00 USD250093085586( HONDA DIGITAL SPEEDOMETER )1$75.00 USD$75.00 USD

Keep in mind the speedometer retails for 600.00 and Tach for 290.00, So while I am sure the tach is good, I am not so sure about the speedo,,,but **** saving $525 was worth the chance! I will let you all know how they look when I get them.

Tach/Speedometer

PileDriver,
Did you ever get/install your digital tach and speedometer from ebay?
Did you self install?
How do you like them?
Roger

Sorry the delay,

but to answer your question, nope! I started to and after pulling the instrument panel I realized that when they installed the new motor they didnt replace the wiring harness, so it wasnt going to be a quick and easy plug up like I though. however, with that said, it will be installed within the next month or so as I am taking it in for the 200 hour service. Will let you know how it comes out then.

My current issue, is an old one as water is in the inner hull. the source was in the bilge at the metal support. Hence I have drilled two transom plugs (one for each side and have the bow lifted as high in the air as I can get it. just waiting for the dripping to stop!

I have an '06 BF 150 as the original motor for my boat, I wonder if I have the necessary wiring harness installed to utilize the Honda digital gauges. How can I find out?

I have an '06 BF 150 as the original motor for my boat, I wonder if I have the necessary wiring harness installed to utilize the Honda digital gauges. How can I find out?

The main harness will be ok, there is a short additional adaptor harness that is needed. I will dig arround and see if I can find the part number. After you get the addition adaptor the rest of the installation is easy.

Back