AstroDiver

Contributing Member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Menlo
State
GA
I need to know how do I go about tightening my throttle cable? I have a Suzuki 115 HP.
I could not find anything in the Suzuki shop manual that covers the subject.

Thanks for any help.

Don't you just hate that when it falls going through the surf :mad: Also dangerous in my opinion if you need both hands on the helm and need power or not while surfing or plowing through a wave :eek: A speed knob on the helm wheel though pretty much negates having to have both hands on the helm (also a saftey item in my opinion) but really it should be a pretty simple fix John...

Just take the 2 screws off of the throttle housing cover (one top and one bottom in most cases) and kind of squeezit some to help lift it up and off... You should now be able to see a set screw (flat head screw in most cases) on one end that you can use to apply more pressure to the throttle cable. This so it stays in position better if jarred.

Just be careful and make sure that it will fall if bumped real hard for if you get ejected from your ride and forget to have the kill wire installed, your steed will not run off and leave you behind :D

Back