Hummingbird has no power

R

Ron P

I just purchased a used 19 bay from a private party. The hummingbird depth locator that was installed by the dealer does not power up.
Wires look to go to a harness that goes to a OFF-1-2 switch.
Does anyone know if there is an inline fuse or a fuse box on the boat.
The boat manual is unclear and the original dealer seems to be out of business. Your help is appreciated. Thanks

Ron,

Are you sure the unit works, to start with. Was it operational when you purchased the boat.

In my experence with most of the boats that I have owned, you should check the following.

The off 1-2 switch may be bad.

Check the connections to the battery, make sure they are securely connected and free of corrosion. Clean any corrosion you may find, it only takes alittle to create a problem. I spray all of my battery connections with a protective battery terminal spray you can find in most automotive stores. This eliminates problems before they start.

Also check the positive line, there should be an in-line fuse holder installed, to protect the unit. You may have blown a fuse.

Next I would check the power & transducer connection going into the unit, they may have corrosion. The transducer connection will not hamper the power problem, but if your checking one, why not make sure are both clean.

Good luck,
Susky Kid

If you have power to the rest of the boat my guess is the inline fues is blown. Get a volt meter and start probing

On my 191 there are what looks like rubber buttons under the switches. I belive that they are circut breakers tru to push on the one under the switch. Then I would check all the fuses and use a volt meter to check the rest. It should also have a 3 amp inline fuse.

Ron, just a side note...be sure to get the previous owner to assist you in transferring the lifetime hull warranty. I think it costs around $300 but could be well worth it if you plan to keep the boat awhile. :)

Back