Hydrofoil

BarrNone

Contributing Member
Premium Member
City
Newark
Just got my new BPS catalog and stopped at the pages with the hydrofoils. Is it worth it to add one? I have a Merc 150 Verado. According to listings it says it improves hole shot (which I'm not real worried about as I don't fish tourney's) and improves fuel mileage as well as eliminating chine walking and porpoising. I had one on my bass boat which had a 115 Opti and it was fine for that as long as weight was distributed equally, couldn't have someone sitting in the rear of the boat. It did get up on plane faster and ran smooth but now that I'm fishing the salt is it worth the expense?

This one made a huge difference for my boat. It was a night & day difference when coming out of the hole with a fully loaded boat. I highly recommend this foil.

https://www.westmarine.com/hydrofoils

I have one, dont remember the name, surely is not a fancy one or most likely not a top brand name . BUT it sure makes all the diff in the world, since I have a tiny 115 merc on my 210 boat.

I have one, dont remember the name, surely is not a fancy one or most likely not a top brand name . BUT it sure makes all the diff in the world, since I have a tiny 115 merc on my 210 boat.

What differences have you noticed? Do you have trim tabs?

What differences have you noticed? Do you have trim tabs?

difference, is the hole shot, and how quickly she gets on plain with 3 fat guys. Then I added a ss prop wow even better. And no I do not have trim tabs.

again, I do not remember the brand, I could check it out perhaps there may be a imprinted label on the mold. as for the ss, it is a merc same pitch as the stock prop...again I would have to check on that for ya,....I have a memory of a nat. :-}}

Back