Just got my new 2006 215CC Home

BigDogBill

Participating Member
City
Corona
Hello everyone. I am happy to say that I just got the new 215CC home and parked. I will say my neighbors had a good laugh watching me back it up into the spot on the side of the house - my first time driving with a trailer. :D

It was all good fun though and once I got it parked I got started prepping it for a trip to the bay. With any luck I will get it in the water on Tuesday.

This site was one of the reasons I bought a Triumph. It's a tight community of folks that seem to care - and that's not something to take lightly.

I posted some pics over in the pic gallery. I even posted a topless one! :eek:

Have fun and be safe.

Congratulations on your new boat.

I remember when we got our new boat home. It seamed as if it took us hours getting her parked correctly. The next weekend, my son and I took her to a vacant school parking lot, and using buckets as markers, practiced backing up and parking. We practiced for over four hours, taking turns, but it was time well spent. We are much more efficient at the boat ramps and much faster at getting her parked.

It was sure hard learning to take our time and be smooth vs rushing and making more mistakes.

Thanks for the pictures, and please post more pictures as you get her outfitted.

Welcome BigDogBill. Glad you found the site and find it helpful. There are a great bunch of helpful folks on here. BTW I like your signature! :)

Bill-

How do you like the folks at Johnson Marine? Did the price suit you?

I dealt with Ron at Johnson Marine. They were good folks to deal with and he spent a lot of time making sure I was ready to go. The price was good and what I got for that price was good.

Thanks,
Bill

I just bought one of the last 2006- 215's. Will pick up in a couple weeks. I saw pictures of the 2007 215, and did not like the bait tank- they may the opening smaller- only 1/2 opens.

Saw your pictures, where did you first go out? How did it run?

Monty

We put her in the water at Neport Back Bay in California. The ocean was very calm so we took it out and headed south toward Laguna. We went south for about 20 minutes then headed west for another 10 or so minutes, then headed back into the bay to fish for Sea Bass.

All in all it was a great first trip. Going to put it in the water again tomorrow!

Bill

BigDogBill, well did you catch any fish? Your boat's still a virgin till it gets some blood on the decks, or at least some slime if you're catch and release. Since you're in SoCal, get out there and bag some bonito. They are the absolute best at drenching the decks, if not bonito, yellowfin or albacore. Any tuna will do!

Enjoy your boat!

Back