k9reno

Recognized Leader and K9 Guru
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Punta Gorda
State
Florida
Sorry guys but I did not know where to place this and I had to vent a little. My police service dog and Partner (recently retired) develpoed a cancerous tumor on his liver and it ruptured. He died today. We worked together for 8 yrs and caught lots of bad guys. He was a great dog, a nicer dog you would have never met..........He was my first k9 and I could not have had a better one. I just wish it didnt have to end.

thanks for listening

Really sorry to hear that Dick. I lost my favorite dog after Hurricane Fran several years ago. Never found a better dog. I understand.

I sure feel your pain!!!!!!! They are like losing family. After our last dog of 16 years I said "no more". Shortly after that I bought a chocolate lab pup who is now 3 1/2 She has turned into my "fish dog" or "redhead" as one of my fishing buddies calls her. She is my best friend and I never go striper fishing without her. Again, sorry about your friend.
Pip

Dick, Sorry About Your Dog-10 Years Ago I Was Deer Hunting In Virginia Ans Shot A 6 Pointer.the Time Was 10:50 A.m. The Exact Time Was For The Deer Tag. That Night My Wife Called Me And Informed Me My Little Dog Had A Stroke And Died At About 10:50 A.m.this Is A True Story And I Hunt No More.

Wow, it's been just over a year since we lost our yellow lab and K9's post brought it crashing back. I completely understand the bond that is formed and the loss is that of a family member. I am very sorry to hear of your loss.

Dick,

I am sorry to hear about your dog. I had to put my 16 year old yellow lab to sleep about 5months ago. My girlfriend is a vet and we did it at the house. It made it easier for Daisy, but it's not easy losing a pet. I still haven't gotten a new dog. However, my girlfriend has a black lab and he has eased the pain a bit but I still miss Daisy. Pets are family members and we become so very attached to them. I feel for you brother.

Sorry for your loss

Dick,
From the Kirkpatrick Family we feel your loss. As owners of two dogs(husky,13 and a mutt,5) we know how they become family members(dred the day when I have to have buddy put down, having hip problems). The fact that he was your partner makes it even that much more difficult, something that none of us could even probably comprehend. This is truly a sad day when we lose one of our Officers. Stay strong and God bless.
Brian Kirkpatrick

Dick, the McMurry family feels some of your pain.

We have a fourteen-year-old beagle named Dixie. She has seizures around most other dogs. We cannot even go into the vet's office for a checkup or shots; the vet has to come out to our car. Her kidneys are not very good, her hearing is gone, cannot see much, and sometimes loses control of her hind legs – especially on grass.

We cannot take a vacation or travel as parents to visit or son in college. Only one of us can be gone from home at a time. Now we are NOT complaining. She helped raise our two kids and was their best friend. Besides the three dog beds she has, she always slept with one of our kids until we became very scared that she might hurt herself jumping down from a bed.

We are thankful for the time Dixie has spent with us and we are doing all we can to make her remaining time comfortable.

We are sorry for your loss of a dear friend and partner, and know that our turn to experience that loss will be coming way sooner than we want it to.

Dick,
I am sorry to hear about your loss. It has to be twice as bad to lose your partner and your pal!!
John D.

The Valencia Family also feels for you and your loss of a good friend and partner.

Bill Valencia

Back