Offshoreman

Recognized Leader Triumph 235 Forum
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
North Coast
State
CA
Not looking for condolences, just expressing a message of making the most of your time with your parents and children while you can. He was just 78 years old and developed lung cancer from years of smoking. He was up and talking on Thursday, and died peacefully in his sleep Saturday morning. He went really fast. Make the best of it.....

A good reminder to us all. Our thoughts are with your family this week. Blessings to you all.

Sorry to hear that Martin. Hopefully he got to enjoy that little aluminum boat you built for him. The biggest reason I own my boat is to spend time (and money) with my dad. Thanks for the reminder and our families thoughts with you.

He did. But only once. So now it's for sale.

Sorry to hear such Brother and Many Blessings to you and your Family!

Maria lost her Mom last year to the same, and I was so glad (like I have seen others) that she did not go through some long and drawn out suffering process. It does not sound like your Dad did either? Some things in my opinion, are worse than death...

All my best and if you need to chat, feel free to call me anytime ;)

Dave

So sorry for your loss Martin. Lost my dad to colon cancer back in '99 at the young age of 74. I'm 72 now, and realizing just how young that is. But having watched Dad suffer for months, going fast can be a blessing.

Mom's going to be 94 next week. We'll be leaving on Sunday, driving her from central TX down to Naples, FL to visit my sister. We lost my little brother a couple years ago. He was my fishin' buddy. Not always easy to get together, since we're so spread out, but we all do our best to stay as close as we can.

Back