maine dilema, 195cc to buy or not

M

mason

Hi from Portland Maine. I currently I have a 2005 170cc with a lowrance LMS 337 C fish/gps. Love the boat, beat the snot out of it last summer and the boat still looks mint. I am definatley sold on the ease of maintance. My dilema is getting off shore. Shark fishing became a serious addiction on a buddys 19 ft mako. Thus I went to the dealer today and found out what the trade value would be for my boat. Much to my surprise there going to give me 16k and change. Ill eat about 1k. Selling I want the 195 for the ease of trailering and the deeper hull for 18 mile jaunts to the ledges for cod and shark or small tuna. I know how boat dealers are like car dealers in some sense but I truly think these guys are trying their best to get the deal done. Were at a 195 cc fully stuffed with all options with a 115 yamaha 4 stroke. The total price is just under 35 k. Whats your guys take. I need this boat and need to go fishing. Im running out of time, twins on the way and a three year old nagging to get on the water.

Check the MSRP

Check the MSRP of the boat. Looks like your number is above MSRP, I got my boat from Merritt Marine and they are 25% below MSRP. Might be something you want to check in on.

ToolTom

Although I am not an owner as of yet. With the family on the way and your need for some big game action on the ocean I would not hesitate with going for the 215. I guess the other option as with me is to wait a bit and check out the 23 when it comes out. You outgrew the 17 in a year or so, something to consider. I am not a dealer or associated. I saw the 215 listed for 35 loaded nicely so do your homework on prices. Good luck keep us informed. Post some fish reports for us soon.

I would go with the 215

I just bought a fairly loaded new 215 with t-top, fishing package, and swim step. It is packaged with a 4 stroke 140 hp Suzuki and I paid $30,400. I would definitely shop around and take a look at the 215 if your budget is over 30k. I was a bit worried that the 140 wasnt going to push it, but I can get it going over 40mph.

Bob

mason said:
Hi from Portland Maine. I currently I have a 2005 170cc with a lowrance LMS 337 C fish/gps. Love the boat, beat the snot out of it last summer and the boat still looks mint. I am definatley sold on the ease of maintance. My dilema is getting off shore. Shark fishing became a serious addiction on a buddys 19 ft mako. Thus I went to the dealer today and found out what the trade value would be for my boat. Much to my surprise there going to give me 16k and change. Ill eat about 1k. Selling I want the 195 for the ease of trailering and the deeper hull for 18 mile jaunts to the ledges for cod and shark or small tuna. I know how boat dealers are like car dealers in some sense but I truly think these guys are trying their best to get the deal done. Were at a 195 cc fully stuffed with all options with a 115 yamaha 4 stroke. The total price is just under 35 k. Whats your guys take. I need this boat and need to go fishing. Im running out of time, twins on the way and a three year old nagging to get on the water.

They're actually only giving you about $8k for your boat. I also think 115 is a bit underpowered for that boat. Go see Howie at BFC in Bath, Maine. He'll give you a more honest deal.

Mason, gsetter is right, go to BFC Marine in Bath and see Howie. He's a straight shooter. I've done business with him for years and he's going to order my 2007 215cc with a 150hp Etec in the fall. (I can't wait!)
Mike

Back