Makin' bait

They're bitting

Registered Member
City
Cypress
So we headed out around 3p.m. last sat. hoping to make some bait and get some white seabass.Arrived at catalina island at a lil after 4p.m. and set up at a local spot called the "v's".Waited until dark and then dropped our 12v. green light in, and within 5 mins. we had a full float going...

admin.php

finally get a chance to use our custom made crowder...

admin.php

admin.php

we had a full tank of FREE squish and a 5 gallon bucket full for chum and another bucket full for freezing, can't beat that. So now we are pretty much done alot earlier than we thought.So we throw a few lines in and geared up for the gray light and hopefully a chance at some white seabass.4 a.m. finally comes (after a cold but actually comfortable night on the deck)and we make our move a lil further around the back side.We start chumming and we don't stop, taking turns, changing baits, checking the marks and no show on the gray ghosts, but we did manage to catch a so. cal. catalina island sunrise.

admin.php

All in all it was a great trip and we had a blast, always good to be on the water......Brian on the "It'll Do"

Last edited by a moderator:
Great photos thanks bro. Do you guys have the tent thing going on for the front bow area?

no we don't , that would of been nice though, we just tighten em' up and toughed it out.was'nt that bad as far as comfort, we just layed right on the deck up in the bow.One on either side of the cooler, worked out well.

I made a tent for my 210 out of a plastic tarp. I pull it over the t-top and cut it to fit over the bow rails. A gromet maker an bungy cords. It works very well and folds up small and light.

Man, those green lights work! I tried a cheapo one on Smith Lake, Al over Easter and could had caught all the minnows I wanted with a dip net. Could also see some larger fish cruising the outer edge of the light. Sold on the green lights.

Ok, so where'd you get the green light? It does sound like a really cool idea and I'd like to try it down in Baja.

I won't lure JAWS though will I?

What did you use to scoop up the bait? The standard landing net's holes are too big!

Great post.!! I too would like to know where to purchase this green light. Makin bait will nevr be the same:D

head fixr, we usually soak baits at night while trying to get some sleep, and if i understand the way you explained it, your tent covers the deck right.?That is a great idea though.

Molar, that light is pretty good for only a 12v. but since posting this thread we have had some trouble getting the bait to come up close enough to be crowded or even scooped.We have since been looking into getting a generator and a brighter light.

I was trying to post some pics of our dip net and crowder but it's not working.
anyways, we got them both from pacific edge tackle in h.b. ca

what's up genelie?...................(B.D. salute....shhhhh)
you know where pacific edge is right?
Jergo if h.b. is too far just check around local tackle shops or boat surplus. west marine , boater's world u.s. or whatever.....

great post bro just picked up my seabass mount today,cant wait to get back out again with my new 215

what's up genelie?...................(B.D. salute....shhhhh)

:D :D :D :D :D

Back