Moving or lifting the boat

jrctexas

Registered Member
City
Houston
Hello, just bought a Triumph 190 bay and I have a lot to learn (my first boat). I have done a fair amount of searching on the site and found good information but still have a bunch of questions. One of my more pressing questions is:

My EZ Loader trailer looks to be in pretty bad shape and needs to be repaired or replaced. Is it OK to let them use a lift to move (not store) the boat? Is it OK to use a bunk trailer not made for the boat for 2 weeks? And finally, is it hard to find another trailer with the proper support requirements for the Triumph?

Thanks for your advice,
john

Yes you can use a lift to remove the boat from the trailer. You could store the boat on a bunk not designed for a Triumph but I would not want to do this for very long. I would contact your local Triumph Dealer or Merritt Marine in Hillsborough, NC to see if they have a trailer on the lot. They also may be able to connect you with the folks at EZ Loader. Also check out Osprey Vic's Article on why his family bought a Triumph and the one on modifications to his boat. He had a custom trailer made with the Triumph approved bunk system. BTW you can download the bunk configuration for your boat in our "Downloads" section (under the Info tab above).

Back