Need Help Mounting Stabilization Plate

Duke

Registered Member
City
Grand Island
I just received a Bob's Machine Shop plate, and need some help in mounting it. Here is the situation: I have a 50 HP Honda, Bob's said I might have to cut a "V" to fit plate. However, when lining up the large hole in plate with the corresponding circular ( cavitation? ) plate on the bottom of my motor, the drilled holes in Bob's plate go past the metal motor housing. It almost seems the plate is too big for my motor? Has anyone else had this situation? Can I make it work?Also, I apologies that I don't know all the correct terminology when it come to the motor parts.
Please Advise.
Thanks,
Duke

Mine is a 150 VTEC thus a much larger lower unit. It does sound as if the plate is too large though I just looked on their page I only see one part number listed...

Before you start drilling holes though, take some pictures of it for us (and maybe BMS) so we can see what you are looking at both top and bottom. I do know that the torque tab adjustment bolt can get in the way on some models, so that I why I would like to see both top and bottom views of yours :)

Thanks Dave,
I think you are right... it seems too big for my motor. I will call BMS on Monday.

Duke

OK, I spoke to a Tech at BMS and the hole on the hydrofoil does not need to line up with the circular base of the trim tab. With that said, I mounted plate and ready to give it a whirl.
Duke

Back