New 195CC on St. Lawrence River

T

Titleist

Gentlemen,

I recently purchased a used 2006 195CC with 150 Yamaha 4 stroke with 60 hours. We've logged 40 hours in the past month and love both the boat and motor. After installing a stainless steel prop, she gets the 6000 RPM's and 45 mph.

The kids love the forward seating and the power to easily pull 2 tubes with authority.

The only dislike at this point is the drainage, having to walk in water and take a ride to get rid of the washdown.

The t-top and seats are great and I would characterize it as a comfortable boat for it's size.

While it's a good river and bay boat, I am mildly disappointed in it's ride in a headsea or stiff chop. However, I'll probably have her forever as it may be the best all around boat I've owned.

Welcome to the site Titleist! Thanks for posting. I looked real hard at the 195 before buying my 215 Chaos. It probably would have been a better choice for us since we are on the lake and the Pamlico Sound more than offshore, but we love the 215 too. Your drainage issue doesn't sound right. Is the bilge pump working correctly? And are the scuppers out the back looking okay? You shouldn't have that much water in the boat. I don't have any in the back of mine except a small amount in the transom area that drains out the scuppers. The washdown on the 215 has lots of pressure and the water gets pumped out right away when I wash her down. If you can provide some more details maybe we can get an answer for you on that problem.

Again welcome aboard and I hope you'll post some pictures of your boat. :)

Back