New GPS/Fish finder install help

gsdiener

Registered Member
City
Landenburg
I just bought a new Lowrance LMS 525 Sonar/GPS and I would like help on best place to mount Transducer and speed sensor. My old transducer is mounted to the right of the motor and right of the scupper on the second step of the hull. The directions state to mount in "clean" water and 1 foot from the motor. I noticed that there is a flat area of hull under the scupper closer to motor and I was wondering if the location would be better than the current. I wanted to mount the speed sensor/wheel on the other side at same location.

Thanks for the help, Gregg

The closer you move to the engine the greater chance it will interfere with the transducer, I use to have your make/model/year of boat and motor. I orginally placed mine in that very location only to move it later. As for the speed sensor, I believe it will work there.

Piledriver

PS, I have a spare aluminum prop for your motor just collecting dust under the bench should you want it, it could stand to be reworked but all blades are intact.

Thanks for the info, I might interested in the prop was is involved in reworking the prop, and what would you want for it

Gregg

Back