epick4811

Registered Member
City
Oreland
I just recently purchased a 2001 Logic 150 (pre-Triumph) with a Merc 50HP. This is my first boat and I will be fishing the back bays of South Jersey. I will be checking frequently for maintenance tips.

Mr. Epick,

Wecome to the board and congrads on your new boat. You should have loads of fun with it!! Where in the back waters of NJ will you be fishing? I am also in South Jersey (A/C area) and maybe we can get together.

greenapple

I Just Got My 150cc And I Am Putting Her In At Barnegat. So Far It Has Been A Great Time. Where Are You Using Your Boat? Green Apple, Have You Ever Taken Your Boat Up To Manahawkin Or Barnegat? If So How Was The Trip?

I live in the town of Galloway and trailer my boat to Absecon Bay. From there if the ocean is calm, I take it out of the Absecon Inlet. I have fished up in Barnegat Bay and gone out the Barnegat Inlet. There is great fishing in the bay, but lots of sand bars. you need to stay in channel if going across the bay even in your 15'. I don't travel up that far, but I do hit the shores of LBI for strippers. Maybe we will meet up sometime, always on the radio, I go by "GREENAPPLE".

Hi Greenapple, Love To Meet Up With You, I Can Drive South And Put In Down There. I Am A New Boater So I Can Learn A Few Things Too. My Name Is Chuck. Nice To Meet You.

Hey Chuck,

Would be great if you trailered your boat drove down this way sometime. E-MAIL me at [email protected] and we can see if we can get together sometime. Summer didn't even start yet so we have a long way to go. Got out on Tuesday and the ocean was flat. Got my limit on sand sharks and skates in about an hour. Did catch one blue fish about 2 pounds and used him for bait for more sand sharks~~hehehe On a calm day we can get your 15 footer outside in the ocean, we will only go out about 1 to 3 miles.

Talk to you soon,
Greenapple

Hey Chuck,

I hope you put a good radio on the boat and I don't mean am/fm!!!

Greenapple

I almost took my boat out of barnegat inlet but the swells were on the beam and it got a little tricky. Tomorrow I am taking my boaters safety coarse. It is an all day thing in a class room. I hate to be locked up all day especially when the weather is going to be perfect. At least I will be legal after the class. good luck fishing. chuck
I do have a vhf radio. little gps and a fish finder.I dont think you email is working. my e mail is [email protected]

Thanks Dan,

The back bays of Ocean City and the surrounding area are a special place - now I can spend more time crabbing, fishing and clamming. I just started clamming last year - lots of work, but well worth it - Ernie.

Back