new owner looking for tips

D

diver

just bought a 21 foot center console with t top and yamaha 150 4 stroke. am a diving instructor for a long time and experienced NC diver. any advice on electronics package? have some roll control tank holders, anyone used these? thanks and this is a great website. what a bonus to owning a triumph. divers out there pleased with this boat as a diving platform? any other comments or advice appreciated.

Welcome to the site Diver. We have a number of different electronics systems represented here obviously. Depends on budget and use. I tricked mine out with Furuno Radar/GPS, Autopilot, Fishfinder and VHF. Many others here use Raymarine, Lowrance, etc. I'll let some divers chime in. Where do you launch out of?

have property in topsail so will be going out of topsail/surf city.

190 Bay owner on a retired military budget. I use Garmin 240 blue and 76 map to find over 200 wrecks and artificial reefs here in the Florida Panhandle. Most of the stuff around here is in 70ft+ and some with <6ft profile off the bottom. Tank Holders are Role Control. They do a fine job. I used stainless toggles to mount them. Tank boots are a must IMHO.

Diver, look in the photo area of this site. I posted some photos of the install of some tank holders. Do use the togglers that ReelDive suggested.
I use a retractable ladder to get back into my boat after diving but not with our gear on. Ladder is rated for 250#. It is a Gerlick model with 4 steps. West Marine has them. Attach a safety cord from the ladder to a cleat to keep the ladder!

Back