Offshoreman

Recognized Leader Triumph 235 Forum
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
North Coast
State
CA
G2 Outfitters LLC has come highly recommended. I contacted them and decided to get a new top for my 235cc. It will be made from Sunbrella Seamark. I understand it's a much more durable Sunbrella than the standard material. Disassembled the whole top, and when the new one comes I'll post some photos.

The price was seemingly very reasonable. And the turnaround time is promised to be quick. We'll see.

The attached photo is just before I started disassembling. I think I'm going to relocate the GPS antenna and the VHF and AM FM antennas. Don't want to drill through new top material, so I think I'm going to rail-mount them.

Attachments

• IMG_20200327_113601.jpg
    IMG_20200327_113601.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 39
Interesting. I need to do mine, too. It has started to rip on one side.

Mine cost $310. It's considered oversize, and I upgraded to a much better material. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

I ordered one from G2 back in January but haven't installed it yet. Waiting for the pollen to stop before I put it on. The turn around was less that a week. Total was like $212 turnkey. Went with Stamoid.

You'll have to tell me how you like that stamoid product. I read a little bit about it, but haven't seen it in person.

Installed. I moved the antennas out to the rails and I moved the overhead white light up to the radar unit. Moved the horn down underneath the t-top way out in the front, and I think it looks pretty good. Tight as a drum, looks really nice.

Turn around was about a week and a half from the day I shipped out the old one as a pattern to when I got the new one. Overall I'm pretty happy.

Attachments

• IMG_20200408_153451.jpg
    IMG_20200408_153451.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Looks nice, I figure one more year and I will have to replace. Thanks for the information

Just got with G2. I'll be ordering the Stamoid in silver as soon as I find time to remove the old cover.

Bob at G2 convinced me not to get the silver Stamoid. He said it was very reflective both sides, and I hadn't considered the glare from the sunlight reflecting off the water. Duh!! Anyway, changed my mind and getting the Weblon Regatta. White on top, gray on the underside.

Last edited:
BTW guys if you purchased the Modifications and Maintenance DVD we produced several years ago, Chad Merritt at Merritt Marine demonstrates how to lace up a t-top canvas. :)

I was just reviewing that on the DVD last night. ;)

Boy howdy! Talk about fast turnaround. I shipped the old top a week ago yesterday, 23 April, and they got it this Monday, the 27th. They just shipped the new top today, the 30th, and I get it Monday, May 4th!!

Top is installed. Perfect fit, tight as a drum. White on top, driftwood underneath. Don't have the wires poked through yet for the all around white light and still need to reinstall the antenna. But I'm sure happy with G2's work!20200510_183438 (2).jpg20200510_183418 (2).jpg

Attachments

• 20200510_183438.jpg
    20200510_183438.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
Nice

Looks good. I'm going to try and get mine done in the next 2 weeks now that the weather is cooperating. I'm relocating my 360 light further aft and between the 2 middle rocket launchers. Tired of grinding my ribcage to pop it up and down.

I'll post pics when I'm done.

BTW guys if you purchased the Modifications and Maintenance DVD we produced several years ago, Chad Merritt at Merritt Marine demonstrates how to lace up a t-top canvas. :)
I can't find my DVD...grrr. Is just the lace method available elsewhere?

I can't find my DVD...grrr. Is just the lace method available elsewhere?
Well, there is a video here, from the G2 Outfitter's website.
The lacing is not quite the same as our original, but it should work fine. There are probably other videos online also.

Yeah, that's the standard method of half hitches with with the working end on and over the canvas. The way Triumph did it was like a hybrid half/sailor hitch with the working end doubling down to the bar so there was no line on the canvas.

Edit: Looking at the attached pics, it's just a half hitch with the working end going back down around the bar and back up to the next hitch. Seems legit. Lol.

Last edited:
I have always just used a rolling half hitch. Never had any issues. depending on the lacing material, you might have to go back after a period of time and tighten it up. But the rolling half hitch makes that super easy.

That's quite a bit more work, rolling hitches. It's like a three quarter hitch stopped by a half hitch.

I'm just going to go half hitches with an around the bar bottom presentation to the next hitch, like Harper did. I'm finishing up on the new 360 light install right now. I'm going to wax the britework a few times and install the stamoid either tomorrow or wed.

Back