New Triumph owner

J

Jason D

Hi everyone. This web sites info is awesome. Have lots of questions!!!
Just bought a used (repo) 2002, 210. Needs some TLC. Does anyone know where to get a complete set of cad. drawings for the roadrunner trailer its sitting on, or can someone tell me if the bunks on your trailer are flat or do they curve upwards towards the front of boat to follow hull contour? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry no pics yet but will follow soon.

Congratulations Jason. The bunks definitely should curve upwards. I'll see if I can locate some pics for you.

Hello and welcome...same year as mine. Here is some pics I pulled from our gallery.

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Randy in the ideal world you are correct. Sometimes that is just not possible.

When we picked up our boat in NC, Dick said the same thing, BUT we took the trailer to the Triumph factory to show it to them and they said it would work just fine.

The bunks on the outside are both longer than specified, but that was done to help the trailer stability as much as anything.

The four outside bunks (2 on each side) are eleven feet long and six inches wide. All of the bunks are at least two inches thick. There is no way to make wood that thick and wide curve upward with a lot of stress and the possibility of breaking.

Based on prior postings, I would believe that some dealers in the past did not understand the need for proper support of our boats and placed the boats on trailers that were not designed correctly. That said, and always wanting to save money, I would bet that there might be a few different ways to modify an existing trailer to fit our boats better. One possibility might be wider and longer bunks, and another possibility would be longer bunks that curve upward. Just two possibilities – and there might be more.

I can e-mail the trailer plans that our trailer manufacturer used to anyone that needs them. It is an Adobe Acrobat file that Triumph sent me.

Picture of my trailer are on this site or check the "Trailers and Towing" forum.

I'm not sure what you mean "in the ideal world" Vic. The bunks should curve up slightly towards the bow end to follow the contour of the hull. It is not a drastic curve but the idea is to support the hull so they have to curve some. The last picture that Genelie linked to is my 215 Chaos. You can see the outside bunks on it. The curve is very slight but they do curve.

I have contacted Triumph and they are supposed to send me the bunk diagram .pdf's next week. I'll post them when I get them. :)
Randy in the ideal world you are correct. Sometimes that is just not possible.

Attached are pictures of my boat. The standard trailer DOES have an upward curve toward the hull on the outer bunk. My trailer has longer and wider bunks but NO upward curve. The folks at Triumph said I should not have any problems with the way my trailer was constructed. I did ask my trailer manufacturer if they could curve the outer bunk upward, but they said not with the size wood they used.

Attachments

• Vics Radar Arch (1).jpg
    Vics Radar Arch (1).jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Irresistible 6 7 05.jpg
    Irresistible 6 7 05.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 18
Don't forget these pics of your trailer Vic. (A superb trailer BTW ;) )

full

full

full

Last edited:
Hummm...my trailer only came with 4 bunks. Is there supposed to be the two smaller one's as shown on Vic's trailer? I have a Majic Tilt which Dick said was the wrong trailer for my boat.

Vic's is a custom made trailer which adds the two side bunks. They are not found on most of the factory provided trailers.

Pics for Bunk Dimensions

I know this is a little late, but I posted to another individual in the Trailers section and I have attached the factory specs here for you. I just re-did my bunks (all 6) and it cost me about $100 form Home Depot, Boards, Carpet and Screws only....came out great. I added about 1.5ft to each Bunk to the factory specs, and it seems to be a little easier to load and it also seems to support the hull a little better, as already mentioned in this thread. Good luck and let me know if you have any other question with regards to trailering and I will help as much as possible....

astro those two smaller bunks in the middle should be on all 210 215 trailers. Vic's extra bunks or on the sides. :)

Oops! Thanks for catching that Dick. The two smaller inside bunks definitely should be there. I thought Astro was referring to the small side bunks that are an extra feature of Vic's custom trailer. Sorry! :eek:

Thanks to the both of you. I have the side vertical bunks. Great for loading in side winds or current. I had some of the plastic vertical white pipe things and snapped one off trying to load my boat on the trailer in the Sewannee River, a few years back. Fulton would not sell me a replacement, so I won't buy their products any more.

Hey guys I'm jealous of the second pic, anyone know I can get one of those under-the-T-top storage comparments with the Triumph logo?

Guys,

If you look at your trailer bunks, mine is a Triumph/E-Z Loader with a 210CC, they are mounted or attached to the trailer frame at only two places. Near the rear and near the front of the bunks. When the weight of the boat rests on them, they bend or bow some causing the slight upturned look when viewed from the side. When my boat is off the trailer, the bunks are nearly straight since they have sprung back to original shape. I think that is the best explanation of how they get the bowed appearance. Whether the bunk material is real wood or the synthetic type, either would bow and conform to the contour of the hull bottom.

Take a look next time you unload.

Codfish

Well explained Codfish. You are exactly right.

Back