Newbie Hits The Water

Coffeenut

Registered Member
City
Stafford
Well, after many years of dreaming and procrastinating I finally took delivery of a 170DC for what should be one long continuous learning experience. Maiden voyage was into Aquia Creek VA and out into the Potomac. Many thanks to those guys hanging around the boat ramp at Stafford Marina for politely ignoring me while I took at least six attempts at backing up my new boat for my first launch.:eek: Tickets will be on sale for the next show tomorrow morning! I must say that I am really glad I chose the sturdy hull of the Triumph as my learning tool. Getting the boat back up onto the trailer the first time was my own bubba test remake. :eek: The boat survived and so did I - both none the worse for wear.

Congratulations and welcome aboard! :)

Welcome. I went through the same learning process after buying my 170 DC last year. After putting 130 hours on it, and making it through many launch and recovery cycles, I'm almost confortable with the process. Thanks to Triumph, my boat has survived, and has provided us with some wnderful times.

Ron

Welcome aboard!! Hope you all have many years of boating & fishing fun. I am sure you will master the launch/retrieval in no time, especially with the 170DC model. :)

Jim

Welcome aboard, Coffeenut! Congrats on the new boat. Time and experience will teach you everything you need to know. Hope to see you on the water some day as I'm just north of you on the Potomac...if you're ever around the Quantico MCB area and see a 170CC, please stop by and say howdy.

Tight lines.

Well, after many years of dreaming and procrastinating I finally took delivery of a 170DC for what should be one long continuous learning experience. Maiden voyage was into Aquia Creek VA and out into the Potomac. Many thanks to those guys hanging around the boat ramp at Stafford Marina for politely ignoring me while I took at least six attempts at backing up my new boat for my first launch.:eek: Tickets will be on sale for the next show tomorrow morning! I must say that I am really glad I chose the sturdy hull of the Triumph as my learning tool. Getting the boat back up onto the trailer the first time was my own bubba test remake. :eek: The boat survived and so did I - both none the worse for wear.

I was one of the onlookers...photos and video to follow. Classic! ;)

Just kidding. Welcome aboard.

Welcome

Welcome aboard. It's one of the most enjoyable learning curves I have run into!

Back