No fishing makes a lame duck...!

boostjunkie1

Contributing Member
City
Lexington
Is anyone fishing anywhere right now? You guys are becoming BORING in your winter slumber!

Not me. I am so looking forward to spring. :)

Yes when I can get out, but many of them like my last trip with Jim have just been scouting trips since 55 to 58 degree water for us might as well have ice over it as far as our fish are concerned on the Flats right now ;)

I've been fishing all winter...Ice fishing in western Maryland (Deep Creek Lake) and the Potomac River near my home after the blizzard melted. The fishing has been fantastic, the catching, not so much. But it beats sitting at home watching it on TV. Here're a couple of pics of the ice fishing to keep you going. :D

Attachments

• Me and Perch.jpg
    Me and Perch.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Yellow Perch.jpg
    Yellow Perch.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 15
Way to go Chuck. I love that: "The fishing has been fantastic, the catching, not so much." That would make a great plaque for the office. :)

If I lived on the coast here in the Republic of Texas, I might have ventured out a time or two, but living five hours from the coast, I keep looking at the marine forecasts (rough bays, 7-9' seas) and saying, "Maybe next week"........but with this year's el niño, the blue northers keep on comin', punctuated by those Pacific lows moving across and on to the eastern seaboard. Oh well, maybe next week...:rolleyes:

NICE PERCH CAGROVE!!! I will be heading back to the James the 19th through the 22nd of this month.........

Not that I do not want to fish, as hunting season is over, I can not get my boat out, its been raining alot here in southern california, where there is no rain. the yard is like a small swamp. Just as you think it is getting dry, here comes another rain storm.:(

Yeah, Genelie, I know what you're talkin' about. Those Pacific lows have been hitting you, then move east and get us here in south TX, before slammin' all those guys in the Carolinas and up the eastern seaboard. And like Putershark said, it's also kept all our bays in the low 50's, and even the gulf waters are still in the upper 50's. Can't say that I'm not grateful for the rain, though, we've had such an awful drought.

You guys need to lay some boards down and get those boats out ASAP!

Back