no gass

striper King

Registered Member
City
E-Providence
Try to take my 170cc out for the first time I could not start it. The fuel line could not get gass,pumped and pumped the primer ball nothing. I don't think I have ever been so mad in my life. So the boat sit's in the driveway till a an fix it. Any suggestians?:mad:

We'll try to help. Okay, first things first. Are you sure the kill switch was on before trying to crank? How do you know no gas was getting in the fuel line? Was the primer ball not inflating? Have you called your dealer yet? I'm moving your post to the Yamaha forum since this is not really a Triumph factory question but an engine question. Rigging engines on Triumph Boats is usually the responsibility of the dealer. If it were mine I'd have a phone call with my dealer right away.

It will be fixed...

Hi SK,

Okay, I assume the engine cranks over, just doesn't ignite (start). If the boat is on the trailer, hook up a flush hose and turn on the water.

Find someone with a portable fuel tank and hose and borrow it. Paid for with a six pack.

Hook up the fuel tank and pump the bulb.

Make sure safety cutoff is on ("cutoff on" sounds strange).

Push in the neutral safety button on the Throttle/shifter and move the throttle a bit forward.

Crank the motor. On my Yamaha 2 stroke, you push the key in to choke the motor. I don't know what motor you have, but it may be the same.

Don't crank the motor more than 30 seconds at a time, you could overheat the starter motor. If it doesn't start, wait a minute or two to cool down, then try again.

You can also remove the engine cowling to smell for too much fuel (flooded engine).

Once the engine is running, let a run a few minutes, then, switch to your regular fuel line and see if it will run 15 minutes. If it does. No problem.

I've noticed, if I don't take the boat out for a month, it's a bit cranky to start.

Good luck and keep us posted.

When i put in my fuel water seperator I had to squeese the primer ball at least 100 times before I started to see the fuel flow into the fuel filter on the motor. on my 115 yammy the fuel filter on the motor is clear so you can see if the engine is getting any fuel. There is also a red float in with the fuel filter that will float if the fuel has water in it.

I had a primer ball kick my butt once. Squeezed it till it was hard, engine wouldn't start. No gas. Of coarse worked my way down from the carbs to the filter then finally found the bad ball. Seems something in the ball can come loose and stop the flow of fuel. Gets hard and looks fine but no flow.

I read in the manual on a Yami 115 4 stroke that you should NOT use the hose flush line to cool the engine while running on dry dock. What's the sccop? Is this OK to do?

I was told by yamaha that you are suppost to use the ears that go on the bottom of the engine. The one on the engine is only to be used for flushing but i talked to a yamaha mechanic and he said you can use the motor flush if you are only running the engine for a short period of time.

The flush connector up top is to be used to flush the engine without it running. Use muffs on the lower unit to flush with the engine running.

striper king hope this helps dont know how new your motor is but my dealer told me that on the new bulbs there is a arrow on the bulb showing witch way the gas flow is going this arrow has to be faceing up on the bulb while you prime it . if not it will not take all the air out of the line. my motor did the same thing the bulb was hard but motor would not crank. primed the line with the arrow up and it ran. my motor is fuel injected dont know if your is.

Back