Power Washers

CRIMAR30

Participating Member
City
Hamlet
What brands, and pressure ratings is everyone using for their boats? Electric only, please, I have no use other than the boat and truck for it, so, don't really need a big gas powered one.

Thanks,
Mark

Mark, I have a gas model, but can add a caution.

Use the best water you can to run Thur it. Well water has to many fine particles that will damage any power washer. I went Thur 2 electrics and one cheap Home Depot gas model before spending the big bucks.

Besides the boat, I use mine a few times a year on the pool deck, soffit and facia, windows, driveway, etc. After a few years, it has paid for itself.

Understand limited used equals limited need. Just baby it as much as possible and get as much water out of it as possible after every use.

Whatever you do, don't get starting "thinking" about things like getting the bright idea of pointing it to your neked foot to see what it feels like...yep, I done it. Here's your sign. :eek:

I have a Husky brand electric, I did not want another gas powered anything. It broke after the 2nd use. But Has been fixed under warrenty...only good thing it has a 4 year warrenty, bad part is I have to ship to ILL from CA.

Pressure Washer

I have a Karcher that I bought at Sam's club. I believe it's rated at 1800 psi and 1 1/2 gals per minute. Does a great job on my 170DC (but stay away from the decals!!). I've also used it on our 5th wheel, the pop-up truck camper, bbq grill and keep finding more uses. It's especiially handy for getting the ground-in dirt off the Trex-like back deck in the spring. I find that the most time-consuming part of cleaning the boat is unloading the storage areas, then re-loading after they dry. The process does keep the junk from accumulating, however, since I have to think "do I really need that? every time I go to put something back.

Ron

Back