Recognized Leader and K9 Guru
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Punta Gorda
State
Florida
Dick
I was wondering if it is a big deal to replace the little red light that indicates the bilge pump is running. I went out last yr when I tried to use a electric air pump in the power outlet to inlfate a Tube. It poped a fuse and the light hasn't worked since but the pump does , thank goodness,.

wow you have a light???:( I guess I got the cheap switches....no lights.

Genelie said:
wow you have a light???:( I guess I got the cheap switches....no lights.

And more than likely (for your 210's model year run) just a 2 way bilge pump switch that unless you kill battery power, you have a constant draw on the system as the pump goes and looks for water every couple of minuets. So back when I had my 210 I installed one of these...

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SiteSearchView?catalogId=10001&Ntx=mode%2Bmatchallpartial&keyword=3+way+switches&Ntt=3+way+switches&N=0&storeId=10001&Ntk=All_2&ddkey=SiteSearch

and most recently I had one of the little red bilge pump lights that Reno is talking about, installed on the 190 so I "knew" when it was running and which position was auto to help keep from burning up the pump since it was so hard for me to hear it running on a constant basis ;)

The switch is not lighted. There is a very little red light above the switch that glows (or is suposed to ) when the pump actually kciks on. That is what has gone out. The switch for my pump has two positions. auto and on so yes dave there is constant power to the pump, but it does not kick on every couple minutes looking for water. That was the smaller boats that the pumps did that. Mine only kicks on when the float switch has enough water to push it up or I flip the console switch. I liked the light because half the time I cant hear my wife talking to me let alone hear the pump running. :)

Dick, Try hot wiring the light. This will tell if the light is bad or if you have a wiring problem. We can get replacement lights. No help offered on hearing your wife [We are not stupid enough to suggest anything on that].

Dick

Back