Sold - 2008 Triumph 235cc with 250hp Yamaha engine

KEThomas

Registered Member
City
Wilmington
State
NC
Bought this beautiful boat new from Blackberry Marine in Southport NC. I live in Wilmington NC. It was my first boat and used it often to go back and forth to Bald Head Island at the mouth of the Cape Fear River.

This boat rides nice, has new Garmin GPS 1042xsv with a depth finder, (https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/561846) I did not add the transducer but someone could add it. Also equipped with Tico outriggers.

The NADA value of this boat is $33,500, but the boat is for sale for $32,500. which includes the Triumph dual axle supplied trailer. We also had a Marine Survey done on the boat which came in at $33,500 and had any issues listed in the Marine Survey repaired or replaced. For example, the am/fm radio and speakers were not working properly so we replaced them.
The boat is on a lift on my dock behind my house. We do not use the boat any longer as we have a smaller Robalo bay boat that I use for fishing the local waters and going to the beach. Just getting too old to go offshore any longer so I would really like to find this boat a good home. I have used a Yamaha certified mechanic on the boat, he is also available to answer any questions.

Please let me know if you have any questions, contact me directly by email at kevinandcecilia@gmail.com, Middle Sound Boatworks no longer has the listing as mentioned below in the thread. Also, most all of the cushions were reupholstered last summer.
Triumph Boat.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet looking ride Kevin! :cool:

Tell us more about the Garmin (which model, does it have side scan sonar, etc.) and do you have engine data going to the Garmin so it can also display it like a extra set of engine gauges?

Also with that model Garmin, will it accept and display Radar? Many of the Offshore guys use radar to look for flocks of birds diving on schools on bait fish :p

Good luck with the sale!
Dave

Dave,
Thanks. It is a Garmin model GPSmap 1042xsv you can find it on the Garmin website (https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/561846). It is about an $1800 unit. You can show up to 4 screens at once and will accept Sonar with the transducer. I use the maps and the depth on mine as I am no longer using it offshore. Still have the Tico outriggers on it however. Here is the descriptor from the website:
GPSMAP® 1042xsv
SideVü, ClearVü and Traditional Sonar with Mapping, With Transducer
It will also work with the ActiveCaptain phone app. It is a nice piece of equipment. I bought the 10"size since it fit into the space left by the old furuno unit that came on the boat when new. The screen went bad on the furuno and it was no longer reliable so I replaced it with this one.

Interested parties can contact Mac at Middle Sound Boat Works, he can be reached at (877) 472-5136. His website shows more photos just follow the link above to BoatTrader.com. I travel a lot and do not always check my personal email messages until the weekend. Feel free to send me a message just be aware that I may be traveling and it might be a few days before I can respond.

Very helpful!
  • Now do you have the Side view sonar transducer actually installed at this time, or using another type of transducer?
  • What about engine data? Do you have that also going up the Garmin 1042?
Thanks again ;)

No, I do not have the side sonar transducer installed. It is an optional item that the unit will allow you to add. Also, I do not have the engine data going to the unit as that is also an optional kit I believe. However, I can put anyone in touch with the mechanic who has done all the engine work on the Yamaha. He is a Yamaha certified mechanic and he has serviced it on a regular basis for us. Batteries were replaced about a year ago. Thanks!!

Good Morning!
  • Unless I am missing it, do we know actual the number of hours on the engine?
  • And do you have a maintenance log / spread sheet showing how it has been serviced denoted by engine hours by chance?
  • I do not see a trailer denoted either, do you have the factory trailer and is it "ready" for a 800 mile tow?
I "might" have a long distance party interested in the this BMT combo, and just trying to secure as much data beforehand ;)

Thanks!
Dave

Dave,
Thanks for your help. I do not know the actual hours on the engine, the meter quit working. At that time it had about 250 hours on it and I want to say that was 4-5 years ago. The Triumph has not been used much in the last 3 years after I purchased my 20ft Robalo bay boat which is what I use now for fishing as I can get into shallow water with it where I could not with the Triumph.

The certified mechanic who worked at Blackberry Marine in Southport where I purchased it does all the maintenance on the boat. Since Blackberry closed he does work at his house for a select group of clients. I can provide his name and number if someone would like to speak to him about the boat. I also have some written records of the work done over the years that I should be able to find in my files.

He also has the trailer in storage in Southport. He is willing to bring the trailer up here to Wilmington or meet me someplace to have the boat put on the trailer and then driven someplace locally. Mac at Mason Sound Boats here in Wilmington also has it listed in several places as I hired him as my broker, he has also offered to put it on his lot once it is trailered. Keeping it here allows me to give it 20 min. of exercise every few months.

In a conversation with Mac he thought it might be cheaper to put it on a truck and ship to someone out of state verse them driving to get it and then driving back. Remember it is a heavy boat as you know. Thanks again for your assistance. I am hoping it finds a nice home as I love this boat and will hate to see it go but I no longer need two boats.

Back