Speaker location on 210

NetWorx

Participating Member
City
Coconut Creek
State
FL
Recently upgraded some electronics. I have some brand new 6 1/2" flush mount marine speakers I'd like to add to the bow area. Any suggestions on placement for ease of wiring? Or is the only answer to place them on the front of the console?
Thanks for any ideas.

Attachments

• IMG_20160526_184316227.jpg
    IMG_20160526_184316227.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 12
I put mine in the console down low on the rear with my battery switches and my EPIRB. I also mounted a 6x9 speaker on each side of the console. If you look close you can see it in the second pic.

Attachments

• Epirb.JPG
    Epirb.JPG
    696.4 KB · Views: 14
  • rear leg mounts.JPG
    rear leg mounts.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Thanks! I have two on the console sides but was hoping to get the other two speakers pointed towards the bow for added sound for the kids up front (when I'm not fishing).

Thanks! I have two on the console sides but was hoping to get the other two speakers pointed towards the bow for added sound for the kids up front (when I'm not fishing).
I hear ya. I faced them rear primarily to shelter them some from the elements. They sound plenty loud to hear from anywhere on the boat.

I might just do that and add one in the front of the console and one facing the captain chair like yours.
That way I'll have surround sound, one facing each way.
Wiring will be a breeze if I just keep it simple.

Thanks for helping to make up my mind!

I might just do that and add one in the front of the console and one facing the captain chair like yours.
That way I'll have surround sound, one facing each way.
Wiring will be a breeze if I just keep it simple.

Thanks for helping to make up my mind!
There is always the "tower wakeboard speaker cans" option.

Attachments

• IMG_0648 cans front view.jpg
    IMG_0648 cans front view.jpg
    641.1 KB · Views: 12
Yeah. I gave that some thought. I prefer the more concealed approach. I almost put them in the console last Sunday, just needed some convincing before I did the cut outs.

Back