New starboard modifications

rscott

Contributing Member
City
Mentor
I recently called my local Boaters World to inquire about the cost of StarBoard material to make a few things for my boat.

The sales person told me that that much material would cost a small fortune, I already knew that, and he suggested I go to a local plastics recycler. He said "I buy mine for my own projects there all the time". Long story short, they had all kinds of StarBoard, still has the plastic peel from the factory on it, .40 / pound, that's forty cents per pound!

I bought two sheets of 3/4 X 24 X 44 for $14.00 each. Those pieces would cost over $100 each through Marine supply stores. Anyway here are a few pictures of some of the things I've made so far.
The first pic is of a vertical rod storage holder for the front of the center console.
The next one is of a mount I made for the electronics to conserve space in the console.
The last one is a quick release mount for my trolling motor.

full

full

full

Excellent tip! Thanks for sharing that. :D

RSCOTT,
Great work. Thanks for the pictures. Thats what winter time is for, to make new toys for the summer.
John D.

Just to let everyone know, here is a company that sells pieces of starboard in almost any size you need. They are located in Palm Harbor, Fl.
Top Quality Marine And Fishing Boat Accessories!

Just thought I would update this thread / article with a more recent supplier found in another project article. Now I did not see where they still sale Starboard in pieces on their website, but easy enough to call them and find out ;)

Back