speedometer Help

Davey

Participating Member
City
Venice
I run a DF 115 Suzuki Four stroke. The speedometer sticks at 25 MPH until i get the RPM up to about 4000rpm. It works in the upper rpm but sticks at 25 mph in the lower rpm.
any one ever had this problem? any suggeations?

Davey said:
I run a DF 115 Suzuki Four stroke. The speedometer sticks at 25 MPH until i get the RPM up to about 4000rpm. It works in the upper rpm but sticks at 25 mph in the lower rpm.
any one ever had this problem? any suggeations?

I had a similar problem on my boat...I removed the speedo tube from the engine and hit a couple of quick puffs of air from my compresser (set at really low pressure) to make sure the needle wasn't sticking. Then I did the same thing to the port where I disconnected the speedo tube on the engine. A chunk of debris came out the speedo intake hole on the engine. I put it all back together and it has worked fine since then. I don't know if that will fix your problem or not...could be something entirely different. Just a thought. Good luck.

I had a bug take up residence inside my Suzuki speedo. Intake on the motor foot was clean. Bought a new one and works perfect and is almost identical to my gps. I like to keep my gps in naughts and refer to the speedo for mph when trolling.

Back