spray from transducer

May River

Registered Member
City
Bluffton
How can i reduce the spray from the transducer. At full speed anyone sitting in the rear will get wet and also forces water in the drains as well as on the motor cover.

You need to raise the transducer until only about a 1/4" is below the boat or move it to the left or right.Did you place according to the manf. specifications? That's the only reason I can think that it would be spraying so much.Good luck.
John D

You shouldn't be getting anywhere near that much water off the transducer. You don't have a ladder or swim platform do you? what you're describing is more akin to what a ladder left lowered will produce than what I've see off a xducr.

At any rate, the bottom of the transducer needs only be far enough below the hull to be in the free-flow stream. (john's 1/4" is a great starting point).

fridaysoff, nailed it on the head. Bring up the transducer should solve the problem, it should be a 1/4 inches lower than the boat, but if that still caused spray, move the transducer to where it is flush with the bottom. Have a great day.

Back