Genelie

Recognized Leader and Retriver Guru
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Lakeside
State
Ca
WELL???? I think I solved the problem, first thanks to all on this post, and the one I posted a few days ago. All your advise I took to heart and tried today out of MB. BUT he who told me to lower the transducer, forget who, as well as the guy from West Marine....Well you get the lucky Star!!!!!!!! I lowered the transducer by about a 1/2 inch. Now I started my test had everything back to ZERO.....HMMmmnnn
in auto seemed all clear. Okay so far...so I proceeded to cruise about 4 knts, in cruiseing mode, again looking good not perfect but what a difference. Now I am up to 14 - 17 knts = 20-22 mph at cruiseing still
looking okay. Back her down, let it drift, put her into fishing mode.......HHMMMMnnn not bad. Kicked her up to about 2 knt in fishing mode.....fare. ....Now in manuel I did the gain thing and all is well. Yes you will have to adjust to different speeds. Love the A-scope works cool. I did the drop the Iron by the transducer. And watched as it hit different depts...WAY TOO COOL !!!. Now I did not get why lowering the transducer would make a difference, especially since the instructions say's differ. UNTILL.!!! As I was cruiseing....I went back to check out the transducer....You could see it basically out of the water when you are on plane.??!! So you can Inmagine that all the bubbles/ interference was from the transducer skipping along the sufface crap. And NOW I KNOW WHY!! a thru hall makes all the difference. Even though I can not have one, I lowered my transducer so she now sits 1- 1/4" into its own water plane...I have not tested that yet. But I am confident that it will make things even better.!!

Back