Time to say Hi and introduce myself

B

BobK

In May of this year ('08) I finally took the plunge and become a boat owner. I bought a "new" 2001 used Logic 150 SC that was advertised in the classifieds section of this web site. I have always enjoyed fishing and boating with friends who had boats, and figured that it was about time - I am 62 years young!

I have learned a ton of useful facts from reading the various forums, and tonight I actually pulled the bilge pump, cleaned the screen and debris around the base of the pump and managed to get it back into where it came from. I have also added some Scotty Rod holders for trolling and a vertical 3 rod holder to the side of the console. Drilling holes in a boat does not seem like the smartest thing to do, but from looking at the Mods forums and pictures, it seems like the thing to do. I was able to get seat cushions for the two Todd Seats as well as the bait well seat cushion from Merritt marine. The folks there are great to work with, just like I was reading from other posts. Luckily, I got the last bait well cushion they had in stock for this model boat. I believe that I am the third owner and it is obvious the boat has had a lot of TLC. I keep it in the garage, and the previous owner did the same. Unfortunately one of the previous owners painted the bottom, not sure why, now all I have to do is figure out how to get the paint off that hasn't already started to wear off. I was figuring on breaking out the power washer, but was afraid that I would end up with a boat that looks like a Dalmatian.

I fish mainly in PA in the lower Susquehanna river, but I do my catching in Canada in the Lower Rideau Lake at Rideau Ferry, ON. Unfortunately, finances and grandfatherly duties only allow for a one week trip each year. The rest of the time I will be satisfied to go fishing, I mean boating in the Susquehanna!

Anyone out there with any helpful advice about the care and upkeep of Logic boats please feel free to toss some my way
BobK

Hi

Congrats and welcome. Sounds like your already on your way to enjoying your boat as much as the rest of us do. Hope you can finagle a little more time to spend with your new girlfriend.

Welcome aboard, BobK. Glad to hear you've found this site helpful and are on your way to many happy years on the water. There are several members on here from your area and fish the same waters. Perhaps you can team up and increase each other's catch rates on the Susky. Anyway, glad you introduced yourself and we look forward to seeing your "new lady" in pictures and posts.

Tight lines.

Welcome aboard. How far are you from Philly? My son and DIL have been there for 4 years now. Both raised in FL, but chose to move up to the cold, cold, nawth...don't ask me why.

Hi Bob and welcome . I have the 2001 logic 17 and it's a great boat like your 15 will be. 62 yrs is young enough to really enjoy your boat. All you need is your health, your boat, and this forum when those little unknowns happen. The "search" has pulled my fat out of the fire more than once. Sorry I can't help you on the bottom paint. Happy boating JEB

Hi Bob,

Welcome to the family. Enjoy the boat!

So far I have been very lucky with my health - so knock on wood. Thanks for the greetings, am enjoying the site tremendously and have learned a lot - I imagine I will continue to learn as the more I learn, the more I realize I have a lot to learn. Actually pulled the bilge pump last evening, cleaned the crud out of the lower unit mounted to the hull, and took a tooth brush to the screen which was really clogged and black. It's now nice and shiny and back in place. Will be taking her out for a run on the river tomorrow night after work until dusk for a nice evening cruise.

Welcome aboard BobK. Hope you enjoy your new toy as much as I have mine. I also fish the Susky but in MD.

JimW

Thanks JimW,
You must be catching them all before they get to the fish lifts on the Conewingo dam! I've been doing a good bit of fishing, but not much catching.
BobK

Let me add my welcome to the gang. I am 68 years young, own a 170cc and fish the Chesapeake in the James River region. Remember, a bad day of fishing is better than anything else.

Back