Dave LeGear

Contributing Member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
What's left of Pine Island
State
Florida
The tongue on my trailer is / was very slick and even worse when wet and I did want to fall off of it again... So I went to West Marine today and picked up some stick on non-skid pads made by SEAFIT model # 1976919 in white (so they would stay cooler in the hot sun) to install on my trailer tongue.

The hardest part in doing such was in taking off (that was easy) and re-installing (need about 2 more arms) the jack stand, but I needed to move it anyway. Now I just rubbed some acetone on the metal to clean it before sticking it on and then trimmed off the extra with a razor blade. After a few minuets of standing on it to make sure it was going to stay in place, It now feels that I will have much better footing when I go to push the boat off the trailer or worse yet, step down onto the tongue to get off the front of the boat when done for the day ;)

It will be interesting to see now just how long they last in the sun and salt air, but worse case and they start to peel up, I just strip them off and put down another set for they were not all that expensive to install :)

admin.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Back