Transducer Screws

CRIMAR30

Participating Member
City
Hamlet
I Put In New Transducer Bracket Screws,careful Not To Overtighten, Now It Seems They Were Not Tight Enough. Can I Just Re-tighten Them, Or Do I Need To Remove Them And Start Over? Used The Elastomeric Sealant.

Crimar,

I have had to replace my tranducer about three times and have not had a problem with the screws not tightening. I have read alot about heating them then dipping and tightening.

There is a powder they sell, that our boats are made from, I have never used, But I am told you heat the scew up, dip in the powder, then reinsert.

MCSPADDEN,
IF YOU'VE REPLACED IT THREE TIMES, HOW DID YOU DO IT?jUST BACK THEM OUT, AND SCREW THEM BACK IN?

That is all I had to do. Have never had any problem, other then breaking the mount. That's why I had to do them three times. I did use some gasket maker, silicon on the screws.

Dave

I know this may sound crazy, but when I got my boat last year I just couldn't bring myself to start drilling hole in the hull to mount the transducer. What I did do was to use the material that holds the NYS EZ Pass units to the windshield. It's like velcro on steroids. No holes and it lasted all last summer and it still is stuck like crazy on the hull.

Back