Trim tab issue on 210 Chaos

D

dougf1

I need a little help-

Took the boat out yesterday. when running I noticed my trim tabs werent working like usual. After I went swimming and came back to the boat I noticed me port side tab was gone! The hydralic arm is still there- but the tab itself is gone.

A few quesitons-

What brand tabs did the boat came with?
What size are they?
Do you know if you can just order a tab or will I need a complete kit?

I let my Uncle borrow my boat one night. I have to believe he had something to do with this. I dont see how a tab can just disappear.

Thanks for any help!

Bummer! Doug, the tabs that come on the 210 from the factory are usually Lencos I believe. You can confirm this by looking at the tab arm and the tab switch may have the name on it too. There are different sizes of tabs so you'll have to measure the remaining tab plate to get the dimensions. I would then contact Lenco Marine about a replacement plate and what screws, etc. will be needed. If by chance the tabs were added after the factory shipment they could be Bennett Trim Tabs. Bennett has been a great supporter of this website and they are great to work with.

Thank you for the response. I have called Lenco and need to call again when I am down on the boat so they can make certain its thier product. So far they have been very helpful.

Again- thanks for your help.

Back