Why So Wet, etc.

i tend to get a little scared when the whole boat comes out of the water. you know its hard to belive that these boats take waves so good as light as they are. i am planing a 2 day fishing trip the 19th in the gulf the cobia are starting to run. taking 2 freinds of mine that have never fished in the gulf. cant wait to see them hook a big one. wish me luck and good fishing to you

Went out this w/e 5-6ft 20mph winds.25 miles offshore. Very dry and comfortable boat. Same deal a little spray but AMAZING ride.

off2nantucket can you tell me how much fuel you used in going out 25 miles i have a 215 and was trying to find out what kind of range the boat has. i am sure you went out on a full tank and the sea was rough when you went out too that has a lot to do with the fuel used and range. i guess you used 1/3 out 1/3 in 1/3 in reserve but do you have a good idea on what you did use thanks

Exactly 25 gallons roundtrip. I fuel up every time I go out so I can gauge the range myself. Left Bass River, MA 10 miles to chatham and went to Regal Sword Shipwreck 25 miles SE of Chatham, MA 41-28N / 69-22W.

I have averaged 4 MPG but that trip w/ nasty winds was 2.8. Just turned 22.5 hours on the boat but I think it's a good indication so far. going to try 100+ mile round trip to different area this w/e. I'll let you know if the #'s change.

thanks off2 let me know what the seas are like too. by what you are saying now bad weather 150 miles. good weather 200+ miles. i not think i well ever go more that 100 miles round trip...my boat has 52 hr and a 150 e-tec very happy with it......

don't get wet

I have only had my triumph 215 CC chaos about 10 months, but we have been in seas over 4 - 5 feet with a wind and were very dry. Some spray when i hit the swells or the chop wrong but generally I can get it on plane and stay very dry. Most who go with me are surprised at how dry. J.L.

Back