Yamaha F60 Fogging Hole?

Maxg94

Participating Member
Premium Member
City
Middle River
The manual says this engine may or may not have this. I cannot find this hole and will just pull the plugs to fog the engine, but really want to know if this exists. I did find a small pinkish orange tube on the starboard side of the engine to the rear of the oil dip stick. I was wondering if this is the fogging hole the manual talks about. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Do not know about the location of this port, but if you have the plugs out, I would just spray in the oil and than if you can get a wrench on the end of the crank? I would turn it over by hand a few times to make sure the oil covers the entire cylinder wall for each one and spray it in one more time before reinstalling the plugs ;)

May also be very wise to make sure the coil wire / wires are all pulled and the battery power is cut off so it does not have the ability (though rare at such a low RPM) to start.

Actually...

PS is correct, however if you want to fog the entire motor: Remove the plastic intake cover over the carburetors. Start the motor (with hose attached to ear muffs on lower unit), spray fogging oil into the carburetors until the engine stalls (you will see lots of smoke). Let cool, remove spark plugs and spray additional oil into each cylinder.

Thanks for the help. That is the last step then done for the winter, I think.

Back