Yamaha Outboard

G

greenapple

I was wondering if someone could answer my question. I have an Yamaha 75 4 Stroke DOHC,L4 on my 17'Triumph that I am very happy with. Looking at the specification on the 75hp and the 90hp, the bore x stroke are the same. Also the size (displacement) and weight is the same. The question is "are they the same motors"? And if they aren't, what makes them different in Horse Power?

Thanks,
Greenapple

That little in horsepower difference is more than likely in ECU programming for the injection unit, and maybe camshaft profile. I bet if you were to call a dealer that you would find those 2 part numbers different for each engine.

Go to Iboats.com and they have a Yamaha motor forum. Lots of resident experts there that can answer your question.

Putershark and Tygh,
Thanks for the info. Putershark I believe that could be the answer on the extra HP. Tygh, I went to the site you gave me and if I was selling a boat that would be the place to go but I couldn't find any forums for Yamaha outboards. Thank you anyway~~~Greenapple

Tygh,
Thank you for the site, went there and it is a wealth of info on everything. Great site!!!! Thank again.
Greenapple :)

Back