6 found on capsized boat in the Gulf

R

Rhinofish

I heard this on the news the other day and was floored because the news originally reported 6 adults found on a capsized 17ft boat in the Gulf of Mexico. I had a 170DC and have never had 6 adults in the ocean, not to mention 3-5ft seas and winds at 15-25 mph. The boat turned out to be a 21 ft proline and was 22 miles offshore. They left the dock Monday afternoon and were due back in around midnight. The crew was located early Tuesday morning clinging to the capsized boat.

We've been having strong East winds for the past week or so and I have limited my fishing to shelterd waters.

With the rear scupper on the 215 the way it is, how many of you guys fish with 6 adults? I usually fish with 2 adults and 2 kids.

Glad they were all found and hopefully have learned a valuable lesson.

I have fished the gulf with 6 full grown men. 3 of which were 250 +. had no problems at all. boat handled it beautifully

I regularly fish with (4) grown men and have been out to Catalina with (6) people on board. She handles that with relative ease.

Was out this weekend looking for whales with (7) people on board...(2) were children.

Thanks,
Bill

With the rear scupper on the 215 the way it is, how many of you guys fish with 6 adults? I usually fish with 2 adults and 2 kids. .

Not sure about what you mean with that statement. I've never had a problem with my scuppers. There is a thread about 210's and scupper issues, but I don't seem to have problems with mine. Are 215 owners experiencing problems with their scuppers?

-JB

The Earlier Logic 210cc Models With 85 Gal Fuel Tanks And Large Hp Four Stroke Motors Were Experiencing Scupper Back Flow Due To The Extra Weight On The Rear. The Factory Started Using 70 Gal. Tanks And Ball Scuppers To Help Stop This In The "triumph " Models And This Should Not Be An Issue In The Latest Models

Back