A new tow vehicle

Harper

Recognized Leader Triumph 191/195 Forum
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
State
Republic of Texas
Well, I've been pulling the boat for the past six years with a little '90 Jeep Comanche, 265K miles, which the boat/trailer combo outweighed by several hundred pounds. I had that ol' truck since it was new and while it does an okay job of pulling the boat down the interstate the 250 miles to the coast, it is wearing me down just to keep it maintained. Getting up and down and out from under it, etc is more than this ol' body wants to do, and what I used to be able to do in a couple hours, might now take me a day and a half. This past weekend, I noticed a little puddle of coolant under the front of the engine ... uh-oh... So I spent the rest of the weekend putting on a new water pump.

So ........ here it is, a Toyota Tundra Crewmax Limited. Got more than twice the horsepower of the Jeep (when the Jeep was new) and pulls it without even breathing hard. What a difference! I loved that ol' truck, but ..........

Attachments

• 2013 Tundra CrewMax Limited 2.jpg
    2013 Tundra CrewMax Limited 2.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 16
I have a 98 explorer that is going to break in half from the corrosion sooner or later. I have had two hardline failures, rear brakes and a transmission line. I wanted to get a V8 4runner but they are AllWD.

Back