Contributing Member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
What's left of Pine Island
State
Florida
ameratrail-logo-140.png

We have had discussions and questions in the past on trailers, how to maintain and service them, and how to best upgrade them! The posting for me on the subject that comes to mind 1st is this one naturally:

https://www.performanceoutdoors.net/threads/good-article-on-how-to-help-keep-your-trailer-alive-in-salt-water.6500/

Along these same lines, we have found out the difference (some by being broken down on the side of the road) between a quality trailer, and a lower cost one that in due time if not really loved! Is simply going to fail for nothing eats on them or anything else for that matter like Salt Water :confused:

To this end we have discussed what I like to classify at Top Tier trailers with the likes of Rolls Axle, Ramlin, etc. One I would like to add to that list and I have worked with now personally, while shopping for my next BMT / Skiff is AmeraTrail!

Now I have always heard how well they make them and simply quality work when it comes to Fit and Finish! I just not had the chance to work with them on one of their products, so a little hard to say one way or another, just how well much less, Support after the sale which to me... I just as important if not MORE than just buying one.

I though as indicated, have been Skiff shopping, and as such have seen several AmeraTrail units that I have been looking for ways to upgrade them to what I consider to be a real "Dry Launch" trailer. One that you do not need to dunk the 1st half of the trailer or more, into nasty salt water, for it to then go set out in the Hot Sun getting eaten alive until you get return and now (way too late) get them rinsed back off... AmeraTrail makes several options and upgrades to handle Dry Launching a Skiff most noted is wider walk boards, rollers near the axle and in the stern, and these great V blocks to help line her back up when you return.

99289456_2846658092110251_6512850882525134848_o.jpg

58377318_2087422088033859_1391375327216795648_o.jpg

31912801_1605610979548308_4019368182442622976_o.jpg

Now for larger Bay and Offshore boats. Dry launching is simply not an option, this is due to the increased hull weight and hull deadrise, but there are other ways to help combat corrosion issues and that has to do more with the hubs and how the bearings are sealed ;) You can find out more about such since AmeraTrail also has as an option, to install Vortex Hubs on this link here:

But the crux of this article, was the great service I received from their Parts Department in trying to secure some information and estimated costing for them on a weekend!

Now, we all know how web forms can lead to what I call "Black Hole Escalation" and how many times the effort have you taken to fill one of those forms out, is a waste and only to NEVER hear from them again... Not the case with AmeraTrail! I filled it out over the weekend and 1st thing Monday Morning I had a voice mail back from Rich in their parts department letting me know they had my request and some pricing already! Simply Awesome... Better service than I get from a lot other companies or people for sure :cool:

So IF you need Sales information for your next custom built trailer. This or Parts for your current AmeraTrail trailer... Do not hesitate to reach out to them even if it is just filling out a web form on the Weekend, as you are trying to secure ideas, or hard parts for your AmeraTrail, or Other trailer that they might cross over onto! Simply great Service is all I have to say!

Here are some contact links for you...

AmeraTrail Homepage:
http://www.ameratrail.com/index

Just as important if not more, here is the link for the Homepage for AmeraTrail Parts. And do feel free to see if that same part you now, have, might work or have a upgrade possibility from looking over their great online parts catalog:
https://ameratrailparts.com/

After hours request form that for me actually worked! (quick tip and I agree, send some pictures like I did to help them, help you) is located here:
https://ameratrailparts.com/pages/detailed-parts-request-form

Looking forward to working with Rich and others more in the future, for other Boat Trailer tips and content here :D

Now go get yours ready to get her to the Ramp and Back with no stress as I say. And quite sure they can help you with yours!

And do let them know Dave from Performance Outdoors.Net sent you when you reach out to them!

Tight Lines!

Just a great way to help line up and really secure your Skiff or Boat for travel!

156851565_10225283042921023_3886766036156314166_o.jpg

Nice step also built into this one, and I will try and score on more pictures of this :cool:

And do let them know the guys from Performance Outdoors.Net sent you when you reach out to them!
Dave

Great example shot of exactly what a "Dry Launch" trailer can do and as such, last a lot longer :cool:

96937205_10158139722704043_3878262641159831552_o.jpg

Not the type that can be used for all types of Skiffs and Boats, but I have seen many Mavericks, East Cape, and others that are over 19 feet or less, use this type. And you might have to dunk it deeper to retrieve it, but at least you are headed home at that time, and can hit it with Fresh Water much sooner...

Just another good concept to help keep yours lasting longer!

Had an opportunity the other day, to really spend some time looking one over again. Just an awesome quality of build, and many features you might like to add on yours to make it more functional (like more rollers) for faster launch and recovery :cool:

IMG_1774a.jpg

IMG_1790.JPG

IMG_1785.JPG

IMG_1794.JPG

IMG_1784.JPG

The bunks go past the stern a few inches so she is fully supported. All welded (even the extensions for the mounted self retracing tie down straps) exposed bunks on the bottom so they can drain and dry. Smaller guide on bunks instead of the tall PVC type, and she is set up and fits well! As if she was made for the Skiff, and not tried to fit, if you know what I mean ;)

I suspect the best made trailer I have ever seen, and if taken care of, should provide a lifetime of trouble free smooth towing...

And for you guys with more than one axle, slick little trick to use if you get a flat and do not have a jack or want to dig it out in this one :)

Enjoy!
Dave

For your Triumph fans here, looks like AmeraTrail has made them for those hulls also ;)

I would love to chat with that owner and see how it is working for them using that Hull Material, and the how well does it fit for them on the 235? Looks nice for sure!

13641241_964528663656546_7194566468864277808_o.jpg

13920440_964528660323213_3404050113727957776_o.jpg

I like how they also used those same mounted rear tie down straps that you see on their other trailers on one this large... Another nice and quick loading and unloading feature they employ at AmeraTrail :) So for the Triumph 235 owners looking to replace your current trailer, Ameratrail is another option to consider. This and might have the plans in the computer for yours like this one.

And do let them know the guys from Performance Outdoors.Net sent you when you reach out to them!
Dave

My friend over at AmeraTrail (thanks again Kim) sent me over a picture of their new Plant that they are looking forward to moving into within the next couple of weeks!

New plant.jpg

Which I am quite sure, will really help with the production output levels on the full range of AmeraTrail Trailers. I am also looking forward to driving up to take a tour of the new Plant and getting some more content for us here. As such, if you have any questions you would like me to ask about how their trailers are made, please feel free to send those to me and I will be happy add them to my list ;)

And if you have have any Sales Related questions beforehand or even after my visit, please do feel free to reach out to Kim (She is Awesome) and she can be reached at: 407-892-1100 (just ask for Kim in Sales) or you can send her an email via fishingirl@ameratrail.com

And do let her know Dave from Performance Outdoors.Net sent you when you reach out to her!

Now, if you are looking to incorporate some so of these components into your preset trailer frame that Scott and gang over at Ameratrail use, this link is a good place to start :

https://www.performanceoutdoors.net/threads/trailer-v-blocks-ameratrial-style.10406/#post-57911

Do though, post up some of your trailer repair and upgrade projects (don't forget the before and after shots) in this section below to share with others!

https://www.performanceoutdoors.net/forums/boat-trailers-docks-lifts-towing-discussions.25/

And as always, do feel free to reach out to me direct for help be it for your content creation or supplier contact points for your various needs :)

My Best,
Dave

Was invited up, and took a Tour of the New AmeraTrail Plant with Scott and Kim (of course, had the pleasure of meeting and speaking with many of the Great Staff there) and it was very educational! I really enjoyed my time and was very impressed with the entire operation...

We spent hours going over everything from Design to Construction for I did not realize, just how many Boat OEM builder they have the design's and have jig's for. This to construct everything from single, to huge three and even massive quad axle to units for some very large and impressive Offshore pocket Battle Wagons like this:

at bt page lff photo.jpg

To Supply Chain issues, and securing raw materials in the days of post JIT (Just in Time ordering) that in many cases simply does not work in today's' economy...

Will add those pictures and updates to this article here soon plus! Very happy to announce, that I am going to have a Podcast with some of the awesome staff members at AmeraTrail in the near future. Really looking forward to that one, and will get modeled after some of my other "Long Format Podcasts" so we can really do a deep dive into all things that go into, building your Boat Trailer! :cool:

Now, if you have any Sales Related questions, please do feel free to reach out to Kim (She is Awesome) and she can be reached at: 407-892-1100 (just ask for Kim in Sales) or you can send her an email via fishingirl@ameratrail.com

And do let her know Dave from Performance Outdoors.Net sent you when you reach out to her!

I agree even more so after seeing them go from raw materials to finished product with their company logo

LOAD. LAUNCH. RELAX...
AmeraTrail, Load. Launch. Relax. It’s all about understanding how you feel about your boat.

Therefore we want you to feel the same for your trailer.

Tight Lines!
Dave

Back