Another new 19 bay owner onboard

beradon

Registered Member
City
Cape Coral
Hi fellow Triumph Owners- My name is Don and I'm addicted to boats and fishing. I'm retired military and I just moved from PA to Cape Coral Florida 2 weeks ago. I bought my 2006 19' bay from Bulldog Boatwerks and it should be rigged and ready to pick up in about a week. Its nicely equipped with a T-top and a 115 yamaha 4 stroke. I've owned 2 Boston Whalers, a Mako, and a Sea Hunt over the years so I'm not new to boating but I am new to Roplene and i think I'm going to like it. I hate waxing boats and I have a self service car wash 10 minutes from my house so maintenance will be easy.

The sale is contingent on a sea trial and I have no doubt that it will perform well. I'm a fisherman and generally just cruise but when the water is flat I like to open them up. I'm thinking with just the Wife & I, she should hit about 40 mph which will be great. I had a Yamaha 115 on my last boat but never owned a 4 stroke so I think I'll enjoy that. Do you Folks use Yamaha oil in your engines? A friend of mine uses Mobile 1 in his Honda 90 and swears by it. I use it in my Toyota truck but I'm not sure it has all the nesessary properties for an outboard-Appreciate any advice

Welcome Don.

Yes, you will like not having to wax. We haven't been down in the Cape Coral area with our boat yet, but the Admiral and I do want to get that way this year.

We might need to get advice as to good launch locations in your area. Normally we launch in Venice or Sarasota, both nice paved launch area's.

Please give us your feed back after the test ride. We really like the ride we have with our 210, even in the roughest water (which is not too bad in the Gulf).

I have a 2006 190 Bay with a 115 Yamaha and a t-top from Bulldog Boatwerks. I top out at 37.5mph on a gps in fresh water. I also have 4 batteries, two up bow and two in stern and 290 Lb. of me in the boat.

Sure Vic, be glad too

My place is about 10 minutes from Pine Island and so far I've seen 3 or 4 nice ramps at marina's along Pine Island road. There are several nice city owned ramps in Cape Coral and Ft Meyers but some are part of the canal system and don't leed to the gulf and some others are a slow trip to the gulf because of the slow speed/manatee zones. I'm new here and don't know my way around but one of my neighbor's is going to show me some of the most convenient ramps and I'll report back when i find them.

Beradon,

I use Yamaha oil in my four stroke engine. I considered using a synthetic oil but opted to stick with the oil recommended by the manufacturer.

Welcome to the site and enjoy your new boat.

Last yeat I bought a 190 Bay with T-top and 150 Yamaha 4-cycle. The more I use it the more I like this boat. I get about 47 mph on top end, with motor trimmed up a bit. Yamaha's web site has a performance bulletin on the Triumph 190 with a 115hp 4cycle, and shows 40.8 mph at 5700 rpm, with 2 aboard, but probably not the T-top. (My wife insisted on me getting a "ski boat", not a "fishing boat" so, we got the bigger motor and the built in ski-pylon.)

Back