Anyone Gulf Fishing 5-9-08/5-10-08?

MolarBoater

Contributing Member
City
Mountian Brook
Anyone fishing out of Perdido/Gulf Shores this weekend?
Plan to fish all day Friday and Sat till @2.

The radar/NXRAD and Marine forcasts all look good with blue water pushed up to the shore so shouldn't have to go out far 1-4' like normal but will not be flat. Troll some rigs and drop for some 3 mile snapper/grouper. No rain forecast but you know NOAA!
Will be running out of Perdido or mouth of Mobile Bay, not sure yet.

Call "Sport" or "Molar" on 16 vhf if you want to run out together as I plan to leave @6AM out of Fish River might drive down to Cotton Bayou and maybe pic some specks up on the way out in Perdido.

FishON, Molar

sport.. let me see if i can find someone to go out with me on my boat and help with gas and i will meet you down there. you are right its going to be a nice weekend i will have to leave to night from montgomery you must be already down there at fish river. it will be nice enough to go to the chrysler grounds if you are up to it... i will let you know

molaboater right after i posted my last thread a friend called me wants me to go out with him and two other friends on a 26 footer. sorry cant turn down a free ride. will be leaving out of the predido pass @5:00 a.m. sat. i will be looking out for a triumph. and will try and get you on the vhs to see how the fishing is some time that day. still want to wet some lines with you so next time you are down there give me a little more avance notice so i can plan something. i do know that i will have my boat down sometime the end of May have a friend with a rental on orange beach your part of the woods that wants me to come down for a few days. i also have a camper down there right now its in Robertsdale. so some place to stay is not a problem. good luck and be safe let me know about all the fish you catch.

molarboater i am sure glad that i didnt take my boat down there over the weekend friday afternoon i was getting some fishing gear out of it and low and behole there was oil comeing out of the weep hole on the foot, leaking seal takeing her to the doctor this week.but i did get to go out we ran out 29miles SSE of the pass. tried to run south but to rough had to change our plans.we maxed out on b-liners got 2 25lb grouppers 1 25lb king mac 2 6lbs scamp 1 15lb amberjack and a 8 foot hammer head checked out our chum bag. big fish i guess over 300 lbs. a word of waring the cost gurad is boarding boats in the gulf looking for people with out of season red snappers and they will check you comeing back in to the pass too. seem they got 4 out of state guys last week with 900 lbs on board. it was in the paper down there and they are not playing the fine is $1000 per fish. we talked to some guys that was taking their boat out of the water the same time we were and CG got them with 4 snappers. but than again if you dont break the laws you dont have to worry about it.

Got down late Thurs and started later than I wanted Fri. Ran across Bon Secour and thru the Intercoastal to Perdido, beautiful day but only went out @3 miles, saw a couple turtles but no ling, just trolled around and ended up fishing some back bayous then went to Wolf Bay Lodge for a beer and a gallon of gumbo.

Got up at 5 Sat, ran out of Mobile Point @10 miles, found the perfect floating barrell to catch ling under but nothing then caught some blue runners while hoping for a big spanish and later picked up a 20lb king. Fished by myself both days and its pretty hard to try any bottom fishing without someone with you, tossing and turning, esp Friday.
Yep, unexpected problem too, my baitwell pump was dead after I poured 1/2 qt of menhaden oil in there to get a slick going.....man that really stinks esp when you can't get it out of the baitwell! Hooked up an iv drip instead.

The winds have been pretty strong this month, might try again Mem Day and for sure will be down second week in June.

Fishing is gettin' expensive.
Tight Lines

Back