Attaching A Transducer

CRIMAR30

Participating Member
City
Hamlet
I've installed transducers on boats before, what EXACTLY do I need to do differently as far as attaching one because of the material of my new Triumph?

You just screw the transducer into the hull just like any other boat...just don't overtighten the screws or they will strip out. Also, use elastomeric sealant in the screw holes to seal out any water and help keep the screws from backing out. That's it. Go fishing! Tight lines.

Transducer

So that's it, just use the sealant,no special screws or anything?

Well, you could dance the Hokey Pokey if you want (if you do, please video tape it...priceless) other than that, that's it! No special anything. Just use the screws that came with your transducer. You're good to go!

p.s. Sorry about the Hokey Pokey comment...I couldn't resist!

That is all there is to it. If you ever need to pull out the screws or you have screws somewhere on the boat that work loose and you want to reseat them, purchase some Roplene powder from your local Triumph dealer or online at Merritt Marine's Shipstore, then heat up the screw, dip it in the powder, screw it back in. This is not necessary of course when putting in a screw the first time, but the RULE Elastomeric sealant is. ;)

Transducer screws are usually too short to penetrate thru the hull into the inner hull. But, just add some sealant for good measure. I've got two! The hull is real thick in the transome.

Back