Genelie

Recognized Leader and Retriver Guru
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Lakeside
State
Ca
I was told that a thru hull transducers can not be installed in a triumph boat.????? I do not understand why?? when we have water pick up tubes installed by factory as well as the bait tank drain.....Is this a fib or fact.

You cannot have a transducer that shoots thru the hull. You can use a transducer that's like a thru hull fitting, just use a lot of Rule when you install it. We use Transom mounts only since your never sure that the placement of the hole will not compress and leak. The thru hull fittings that the Factory installs are in places designed to be fairley solid.

Dick

Okay if I understand correctly, oh by the way thanks for the reply...anyway some areas of the boat will not allow a tight enough wrenching to prevent leaking. and the rear is more dence . would that sort of sum it up.

Pretty close, the areas that have foam between the inner and outer hulls can compress, not a show stopper , just a concern, use plenty of Rule. Transducers mounted on the transom will not have any effect on the hull.

Dick

Back