Battery Alarm on Fishinder

A

albaris

I have a 2005 150CC w/50hp Yamaha 2 stroke. I bought the boat back in February and it came with a Humminbird Pirannah depth / fishfinder.

I don't quite understand what the battery alarm is measuring. Is it measuring how many volts is being put back in the battery by the alternator or is it measuring how many volts are left in the battery.

If I set the alarm to anything higher than 12 volts, it beeps until I reach about 2000RPM, then it stops beeping.

Can someone explain.

Thanks,

Finder is reading

I would bet that your finder alarm is reading potential not applied voltage. I suggest turning off the low battery alarm all together unless you were throwing out 15,000 watts of transducer power a fish finder would not drain your battery to the point of failure during a normal outing. Does your finder restart when you also start the OB? Try placing the terminals under those of the OB terminals if sow connected maybe a dissimilar metal conductivity issue. Power strips and grounding bars will cause these types of problems upgrades to higher current type boards with superior marine wires (larger gauge) should also end the 12 volt blues.

Back